- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Commemoration at Forest Lawn—Glendale
May 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Forest Lawn—Glendale’s Memorial Day Commemoration will be a historic event celebrating the heroism of the United States Military and honoring the memories of American veterans. Beginning at 1:00 PM on Monday, May 27, 2019, the featured remembrance will delight audiences of all ages with a symphony of patriotic events made possible thanks to partnerships with 1887 Fund, Leadership Pasadena, and Wellness Works. The events include a recitation of the “Gettysburg Address” and “Pledge of Allegiance”; an invocation and benediction by Lieutenant Jennifer Shiflett of The Salvation Army Glendale & Community Center; and performances of patriotic music, including “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “Battle Hymn of the Republic,” as well as “Taps” performed by the Band of the California Battalion and a memorial march featuring Scottish bagpipes and drums.
Memorial Day—Glendale Highlights Include:
– Marching thru History Exposition interactive display of historical artifacts
– Presidential Proclamation read by Izzy Barakat, veteran and graduate of Leadership Pasadena
– Cannon Salute by the Richmond Howitzers
– Color Guard with wreath carriers from the 100th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry, Company K Civil War Reenactors
– Keynote Speech by Nathan Graesar, Executive Director of the 1887 Fund and Chaplain for the U.S. Army California National Guard
– Opening and Closing Remarks by Forest Lawn—Glendale Vice President Angie Ray
The Forest Lawn—Glendale commemoration is the featured commemoration in the parkwide remembrances, which span Forest Lawn’s six Southern California locations. It also includes the expansion of Glendale Sunrise Rotary’s Field of Honor American flag dedication into a week-long series of family-friendly educational events taking place from May 18–May 27, 2019.
Guests are encouraged to arrive one hour prior to the start time of the Memorial Day commemoration to allow ample time to find parking and enjoy a walk through the grounds before the day’s events begin.
Admission and parking are FREE.