- This event has passed.
Glendale Sunrise Rotary’s Field of Honor
May 23 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:30 am, repeating until May 27, 2019
Glendale Sunrise Rotary’s Field of Honor series of family-friendly educational events presents a unique opportunity to learn about the history of the United States and support veterans and service projects within the Glendale community.
The week-long series of performances and activities includes Civil War and Abraham Lincoln reenactments; U.S. Veteran story panels; dedication, community, and closing ceremonies; and a public Rotary meeting. The 1,000 American flags comprising the Field of Honor as well as the Marching thru History Exposition display of historic military artifacts will be on display daily with Glendale Sunrise Rotary members on site from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM through May 27.
Glendale Sunrise Rotary Field of Honor Activity Schedule*:
- Tues. May 21: U.S. Veteran Military Stories told by U.S. veterans James Fishburne, PhD, Forest Lawn Museum Director, and Izzy Barakat of Leadership Pasadena
- Wed. May 22: Civil War Soldier Stories reenactments performed by Scott Lowe
- Thur. May 23: Veteran Stories panel with local veterans from Wellness Works
- Fri. May 24: Veteran Stories panel with local veterans from Wellness Works & Glendale Sunrise Rotary Meeting open to the public at 7:00 AM
- Sat. May 25: Field of Honor Community Ceremony featuring city officials and dignitaries at 9:30 AM & Abraham Lincoln Stories reenactment performed by Dana Amann
- Sun. May 26: Abraham Lincoln Stories reenactment performed by Dana Amann
- Mon. May 27: Field of Honor Closing Ceremony at 4:00 PM following all-day flag and military displays and activities
*Unless otherwise noted, all events run from 11:30am to 1:00pm