- This event has passed.
2nd Annual DTLA Donut Festival at Union Station
June 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$5 – $7
The original “rush-hour” confection is having a renaissance, and Union Station is taking guests into the center of the movement with a one-day edible exploration of L.A.’s favorite pastry at the 2nd Annual DTLA Donut Festival, Saturday, June 8, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Union Station South Patio.
The momentously mouthwatering event will showcase the donut in all its many guises: plain, glazed and filled; traditional; and new wave.
Admission $5, kids 12 and under free. Tickets available at the door for $7.
Be sure to show up with some extra dough to buy a decadent assortment of donuts once you’re inside.
Guests can stroll through the “Hole Donut Marketplace” a dozen donut vendors from L.A.’s old-school cult favorites to trendy “fashion-forward” pastry.
New this year:
- Voodoo Doughnut– Voted by Eater LA as one of the “Top 5 Most Delectable Doughnut Shops.”
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken – Thrillist named Astro among the “21 best donut shops in America.”
- California Donuts – Ranked by Laist as “The Best Old School Donut in Los Angeles.”
- Primo’s Donuts – A classic Westside L.A. donut destination since 1956.
- Donatsu – Vegan donuts featuring flavors for a new generation.
- Dot & Dough – One-of-a-kind malasada style doughnuts stuffed with signature favors including matcha, earl grey and ube.
- Dazzling Donuts – Fresh fried mini-donuts.
- DK’s Donuts & Bakery in Santa Monica (special guest Donut Princess)– Home of the double-decker #O-NUT featured on Food Network.
- Glazed Donut Bar – Made-to-order, custom-glazed donuts.
- Fat Uncle Farms – Organic treats from locally grown heirloom Sonora wheat.
- RING Baked Tofu Donuts – Japanese style baked tofu donuts.
- Dream Donut Truck – The first specialty donut truck in SoCal.
To round out the grab-and-go breakfast offerings, The Rooster Truck, from Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen competitor Rouha Sadighi , will serve up breakfast burritos, tacos and sandwiches; and to wash down the ultimate donut experience, Macchiato to serve coffee, tea and boba and a mobile expresso bar from Mobar & Co to offer specialty drinks including their signature The Honey Lavender Latte!
The Donut Worry Be Happy activities area will feature baking demonstrations from celebrity baker, Jane Soudah, winner of 2016 Food Network Spring Baking Championship and author of “Delightful Desserts”, along with donut themed arts + crafts including felt donut making.
Our first annual Donut Eating Contest, sponsored by Dazzling Donuts, is sure to put even the most experienced donut fanatic into a food coma while a Find Your Center yoga workshop, hosted by Mockingbird Yoga, will allow guests to come down from their sugar high during a 60-minute class for all fitness levels.
Donut miss the DTLA Donut Festival. For additional information, visit unionstationla.com
Go Metro to all events by taking the Red, Purple, Gold or Silver Line directly to Union Station L.A.